In 1881 he acquired the shop
and started devoting himself to
the production of nougat.

In the twenties, the firm consolidated significantly his activity.

In the thirties, the company became an industry and started the distribution abroad.

In 1969 Vergani became S.p.A.

In 1980 the new factory was opened and, since then, the nougat production is continuing with the enthusiasm of the old days.
ACCORDING TO LEGEND, NOUGAT WAS BORN IN 1441 DURING THE MARRIAGE OF FRANCESCO SFORZA AND BIANCA MARIA VISCONTI.
The bride and groom were offered a sweet
made with honey, almonds and egg white,
in the form of Torrazzo or “torrione”, the thirteenth century tower (of Cremona cathedral), from which the Italian word for nougat, “Torrone” , would seem to take its name. During the nineteenth century in
Cremona many groceries were producing the nougat by hand. Secondo Vergani worked as a grocer’s boy in Porta Venezia. In 1881 he acquired the shop and started devoting himself to the production of nougat.
Secondo Vergani S.p.A. - Sede: via Tacito,7 26100 Cremona ITALY - Tel. 0372434331 Registro imprese di Cremona n° 00108740192 - REA CR-84743 - Capitale sociale versato: € 2.838.000 - P.iva. 00108740192